My name is Sascha Ahlers. I’m acting in two main sectors: computer science and martial arts (Kung Fu). From August 2014 till November 2015 I live in Wudangshan (China, province Hubei) for my study of internal martial arts. There I also study the Chinese common language (Mandarin).
Before I worked at BTC IT Services GmbH (Germany) for more than 7 years. The first years in the BTC AG before the IT has been outsourced to BTC IT Services GmbH. My main tasks were:
- Maintenance of complex NAS infrastructures with NetApp filer technology in a large-scale production environment.
- Installation and configuration of Windows server based on HP hardware.
- Maintenance of file services and server infrastructures within the scope in accordance with the operation discipline of the IT infrastructure library (incident management / problem management / change management)
- Maintenance of BlueCoat proxies
- Automation of technical processes with PHP, PowerShell and Windows command line
Since March 2016 I work again at BTC IT Services GmbH (Germany). The first three mouths I help to build up and migrate one costumer in the gas sector. At 1st June 2016 I started to do my duty in 24 hour rotating shift work for different tasks:
- Active Directory
- Apache and Tomcat server
- Fileservice with NetApp Filer
- Linux SLES 11.x / 12.x Administration
- MS Exchange 2013
- MySQL, MS SQL and Oracle Databases
- Windows 2008 / 2012 Administration incl. Client Support
- 4 different applications for the gas sector
My vocational education and the first 6 months I have worked at CvO university of Oldenburg. My vocational education had taken 3 years. Through this time I’ve done a lot of different tasks:
- Administration of Windows 2000 domains
- Working with miscellaneous operating systems: Windows 98, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, NT 4.0 Server, Windows 2000/2003 Server and Linux.
- Working with directory services (Active Directory)
- Maintenance of the campus-wide anti-virus solution (Sophos Anti Virus)
- Maintenance and development of the campus-wide software distribution
- Providing and editing of the dynamic website and web services.
- Maintenance and consulting of EDP-technical problems for staff and students.
- Warranty and complaint processing
- Troubleshooting in networking field (Ethernet networks)
- Linux (Debian)
- OnTap 7.x
- OnTap 8.0.x
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003 / Windows XP
- Windows 2008 / Windows 7
- Windows 2012 / Windows 8
Programming / Markup Languages
- OOA / OOP
- XML Schema
- Apache web server
- Linux server administration (cronjobs, iptables, pureftpd, SSH server, …)
- MySQL Server
- Postfix (AmaViS, Courier, dovecot, DKIM, SpamAssassin, SPF)
- squid proxy server
- Teamspeak server
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows server administration (DNS server, DHCP server, FTP server, file server, print server, …)
Field of Activity
- Change management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Project work
- On-call service
In case of the on-call service, I also got contacted to many different technologies like VMware ESX server, Citrix Server, different Linux operating systems, SAP, Oracle and much more.
- German (business fluent)
- English (fluent)
- Mandarin (basics)
More About Me
More details about my occupational career you can find over Xing (German network of professional). If you want to know more about my martial arts history you can look in the about part of my other website.