My name is Sascha Ahlers. I am a system engineer for Windows Server Domains at the BTC IT Services GmbH (Germany). I took some off time to explore China and spend some extra time into my hobby.
Before I also worked at BTC IT Services GmbH for more than 7 years. The first years in the BTC AG before the IT has been outsourced to BTC IT Services GmbH. My main tasks were:
- Maintenance of complex NAS infrastructures with NetApp filer technology in a large-scale production environment.
- Installation and configuration of Windows server based on HP hardware.
- Maintenance of file services and server infrastructures within the scope in accordance with the operation discipline of the IT infrastructure library (incident management / problem management / change management)
- Maintenance of BlueCoat proxies
- Automation of technical processes with PHP, PowerShell and Windows command line
Since March 2016 I work again at BTC IT Services GmbH (Germany). The first three mouths I help to build up and migrate one costumer in the gas sector. At 1st June 2016 I started to do my duty in 24 hour rotating shift work for different tasks:
- Active Directory
- Apache server
- Fileservice with NetApp Filer
- Linux SLES 11.x / 12.x Administration
- MS Exchange 2013
- MySQL, MS SQL and Oracle Databases
- Windows 2008 / 2012 Administration incl. Client Support
- 4 different applications for the gas sector
My vocational education and the first 6 months I have worked at CvO university of Oldenburg. My vocational education had taken 3 years. Through this time I’ve done a lot of different tasks:
- Administration of Windows 2000 domains
- Working with miscellaneous operating systems: Windows 98, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, NT 4.0 Server, Windows 2000/2003 Server and Linux.
- Working with directory services (Active Directory)
- Maintenance of the campus-wide anti-virus solution (Sophos Anti Virus)
- Maintenance and development of the campus-wide software distribution
- Providing and editing of the dynamic website and web services.
- Maintenance and consulting of EDP-technical problems for staff and students.
- Warranty and complaint processing
- Troubleshooting in networking field (Ethernet networks)
- Linux (Debian)
- OnTap 7.x
- OnTap 8.0.x
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
- Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10
Programming / Markup Languages
- Design Pattern
- OOA / OOP
- XML Schema
- Apache web server (incl. Subversion)
- Linux server administration (cronjobs, iptables, pureftpd, SSH server, …)
- MySQL Server
- Postfix (AmaViS, Courier, dovecot, DKIM, SpamAssassin, SPF)
- PKI (Certificate Authority)
- Proxy servers (squid, BlueCoat, Sophos UTM, TrendMicro IWSVA)
- Storage systems (NetApp)
- TeamSpeak server
- Windows Active Directory (GPO, zone concept)
- Windows server administration (DNS server, DHCP server, FTP server, file server, DFS, print server, …)
Field of Activity
- Change management
- Critical infrastructure
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Project work
- On-call service
Working Tools (as a user)
- Citrix Director
- VM vSphere
In case of the on-call service, I also got contacted to many different technologies like VMware ESX server, Citrix server, different Linux operating systems, SAP, MS SQL server, Oracle and much more.
- German (business fluent)
- English (fluent)
- Mandarin (basics)
More About Me
More details about my occupational career you can find over Xing (German network of professional).