The official site. Unfortunately it often will be forgotten by the people but there exists a really good documentation about PHP (even it is not always completely).
A whole class system in PHP for recommended processes.
Project page for PHP modules.
PHP with GUI (GTK).
Website of the PHP Quality Assurance Team.
Bug reporting for PHP.
A very powerful template engine to separate PHP and HTML. Not every time it make sense to use this cos it is very copious and need some effort to learn it.
A project to secure PHP.
An old site about some security bugs in PHP in the years 2007 and 2010.
A Intrusion Detection System for PHP which can detect several attacks and block them. Also you can get an information e-mail about every detected attack.
- Analyse und Maßnahmen gegen Sicherheitsschwachstellen bei der Implementierung von Webanwendungen in PHP/MySQL [de]
cms-sicherheit.de – php security guide [de]
Basics about secure programming with PHP in German.
HTML Purifier (LGPL 2.1+)
PHP class to filter HTML code over white-listing.
PHPUnit is a framework to automate the testing of PHP applications which are specially designed for single Units (often classes or methodes). It belongs to the xUnit group. The actual version is published under the BSD license.
SQL Map A SQL injection Tool
A Tool to check if SQL injections are possible.
A good collection of frequently asked questions of PHP.
An information collection of PHP.
A very good instruction into the object orientated programming (OOP) of PHP 5.x.
As a supplement one more good instruction reading of PHP and the object orientated programming with PHP 5.x.
A German PHP forum with very high professional area if everything should failed before. The professional area is really something for persons who well-known PHP –> Wer darf hier posten? [de].
Zend eigenes Framework für PHP 5.
CakePHP (short: Cake) is a open source web framework which is written in PHP. It is similar to Ruby on Rails and follow the same schema of the Model View Controller (MVC). Another commonness with Ruby on Rails is the Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) principal.
Source: Wikipedia: CakePHP
Overview of PHP frameworks and their supported functions.
- Link Collection of PHP Frameworks [de]
10 Auswahlkriterien für PHP Frameworks [de]
Here are 10 fundamental selection criteria for everybody who don’t know which PHP framework you should use.
adLDAP – LDAP Authentication with PHP for Active Directory (LGPL)
For example you can create/edit/delete user accounts in the AD and much more.
Face detection support for PHP.
A class for creating and manipulation of PDF files.
- pChart (GPL)
A copious class to draw statistics. Notice, these extension is licensed under the GNU GPL! So you have to take care if the software licenses are compatible to each other (strong Copyleft).
- iX: Maßgeschneidert für das Web: PHP 4.0 · Brennpunkt WWW [de]
- A HOWTO on Optimizing PHP
- BlueShoes: PHP Benchmark tests
- phpbar :: Code-Optimierung [de]
Basics of PHP optimizing.
- Squeezing code with xdebug
- PHP Facedetect Extension (OpenCV)
- Web based interface for face detection with OpenCV
- Automatic Face Detection in Photos with PHP
- Dr. Web: Einen A4-Kalender mit FPDF erzeugen [de]
- Heise: Was ändert sich mit PHP 5.3? [de]
- Umkreissuche mit der OpenGeoDB [de]
Other imported Informations
PHP: A fractal of bad design
A legitimate critique of PHP especial on its basic design.
It create a programm structure overview directly from the program code comments which simultaneously support the source code documentation.
PHP Coding Standard
A very nice coding standard which I nearly used in the same way, there are just some little differences in parts 1 till 3.
- Wikipedia: PHP
- Heise Newsticker: Zend Guard 5 verschlüsselt PHP-Code [de]
- Top 10 application vulnerabilities in 2007
- Top 10 application vulnerabilities in 2010
- Theorie: Rollen sind keine Gruppen [de]
Maintenance tool for MySQL databases (GPL).
A tool to save MySQL databases.
A good Open Source web mailer (GPL).
This Blog system (GPL).
Open Source Wiki system (GPL) which is used by Wikipedia.
Other useful Things
- MySQL documentation
MySQL often will be used together with PHP applications that is why I liked the official documentation as well.
- The links under “Articles” in these link collection you can understand as an instruction to a special topic of PHP and them are not the optimum of the correspondent field.
- I would like to receive suggestions for other good PHP website but please take care that these are really offer added value, and not are half-finished/dangerous works or insecure/not intuitive applications.
- E-mail: email@example.com